Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Medical Ozone Therapy Personal Testimonial Part Four

Continued from Medical Ozone Therapy Part Three

As you have read, it is a bad state of affairs at this point, surgery was done, quite extensive. I was told that I would have to remain on Warfarin (Rat Poison) for the rest of my life and that  would have a belly full of liquid (Ascites) for eternity that would have to be drained occasionally. As well, I am not able to consume more than 1.5 liters of fluid a day. To add, my portal vein, mesenteric vein and both pulmonary veins were as well blocked or thrombosed. Not to mention the DVT that had occurred long ago. So, here I was, not capable of much movement and feeling like I was pregnant, sloshing when I move due to the amount of fluid in my abdomen. My weight loss was dramatic, before surgery, I was 130 kilos and now I was 87 kilos, a loss of 43 kilos or 94.8 pounds, dramatic to say the least and all in about two or three weeks! It was at about that time that another issue came up.

You see, men when they are boys have testes that are up from their normal place and drop to their normal position when they become men, for that to occur there are holes that the testes fit in, those holes never really close so at times what occurs is that a man can develop an inguinal hernia. Quite simply put, if there is pressure on the abdomen, things can and will fall into that hole, intestines for instance and in my case. So, what happened due to the condition I was in is that as soon as I would get out of bed, my intestines would drop to my scrotum sack for lack of a better explanation. This, as you can imagine was quite uncomfortable and rather painful but again something that I did have to endure. The only solution is surgery and that was certainly out of the question. The fear was that I would strangulate my intestines making surgery inevitable, a stressful time, once again.

Please do understand that I am telling you all this because I do want to be clear about the extent and issues that occurred to me at that time. This by no means was an easy time and one that I certainly would not wish on anyone at any level. I can also tell you that when this does occur it changes you, as some of you already know and you either give in to it or you decide to take matters into your own hands and do something about it. We all have a breaking point and now, more than ever I do understand what patients go through, it's funny how that works...In a sense I am as much grateful for this as I am horrified, scared and confused by it all.

Those of you who know me well would understand my persona, I do not take things lightly and i do not stand by and let things occur. I had at that time decided that enough was enough and began to formulate in my head how I was to solve these issues. The only problem that I could not solve was which issue first. In my practice and work, I know that the human body is very generous in it's ability to heal itself if given the right tools, survival is what the body wants to do. The problem comes when we try to do too many things at once or give it more than it can handle. This I was well aware of and whatever I did I would have to concentrate on what I was trying to achieve and not give the body too many tasks.

Those of you that have been in similar situations know well what occurs first, you reach out to the internet and those that are close to you for help and information. This, at times makes matters worse because, well meaning as they are they give you a plethora of potions and lotions as well as instruments that you should use to put yourself back together. It becomes a huge task just looking and researching the suggestions. Most make the mistake and buy whatever suggestion is given to them, after all it is a life or death proposal so in panic we tend to eat, consume, probe, insert, and do whatever else to try and achieve some semblance of health.

Well, I did not do that. What I did is go back to basics and do some research. The two main issues that I saw were that I had to in some way unblock my veins so that the accumulation of fluid would not continue and the second part was that I had to ensure that the accumulation of fluid did not get out of hand. I ran this issue by my partner and as well by my good friends Robert Rowen and Howard Robins, all had a working knowledge of Western Medicine and Herbal, Alternative or Complementary Medicine. All were as well, leaders in their field on Ozone Therapy or Medical Ozone. The first suggestion was that I do Ozone therapy, well that was a no brainer as Medical Ozone does have the ability to repair and open up vessels as it is a vasodilator, we all agreed to that. The second was that I look into something called Lumbrokinase. Now this one stumped me, what the hell was that. So, off to the internet to search.

What I found was this:

Hwang CM, Kim DI, Huh SH, Min BG, Park JH, Han JS, Lee BB, Kim YI, Ryu ES, Kim JW. "In vivo evaluation of lumbrokinase, a fibrinolytic enzyme extracted from Lumbricus rubellus, in a prosthetic vascular graft." J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2002 Dec;43(6):891-4.
Ji H, Wang L, Bi H, Sun L, Cai B, Wang Y, Zhao J, Du Z. "Mechanisms of lumbrokinase in protection of cerebral ischemia." Eur J Pharmacol. 2008 Aug 20;590(1-3):281-9.

Jin L, Jin H, Zhang G, Xu G. "Changes in coagulation and tissue plasminogen activator after the treatment of cerebral infarction with lumbrokinase." Clin Hemorheol Microcirc. 2000;23(2-4):213-8.

Kasim M, Kiat AA, Rohman MS, Hanifah Y, Kiat H. "Improved myocardial perfusion in stable angina pectoris by oral lumbrokinase: a pilot study." J Altern Complement Med. 2009 May;15(5):539-44.

Sun H, Ge N, Shao M, Cheng X, Li Y, Li S, Shen J. "Lumbrokinase attenuates diabetic nephropathy through regulating extracellular matrix degradation in Streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats." Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2013 Apr;100(1):85-95.

Sun HL, Jiao JD, Pan ZW, Dong DL, Yang BF. "The cardioprotective effect and mechanism of lumbrokinase." Yao Xue Xue Bao. 2006 Mar;41(3):247-51.

There is lots more if you Google it but it was enough for me to order it and start consuming large quantities of it. Not many side effects, made from worms but safer than most things, especially Warfarin. Hell, what did I have to lose. So, that was to take care of the blockage in my veins, I thought, but was it enough?

I would as well tell you all that I was ingesting in the way of supplements, diet, etc..., but I truly think that at this point it did not have much bearing on my issues. I also do not want to hear from well meaning people that I was doing it wrong, what vitamins, supplements, MLM and all that other advice that I normally get. That is an issue that we are unfortunately placed in as well when sick. You see, I believe that we as humans for the most part are so constricted that we do not have the time to do the research or really do not believe that we can understand what it is that we are trying to figure out about our health. So instead, we go to the internet, friends and so forth, in an effort to gain an understanding of what we should do. What we do not understand and I can't stress this enough, is that we are all unique. It is not necessarily true that what occurred with one of us will occur with another. The Roman poet Lucretius wrote, "One man's meat is another man's poison." No truer words were said, and this would apply in health more than anything. We continually search for testimony about how others got well but do not understand that we may be doing ourselves harm. More on this later on.

My eating habits at first were dramatically changed, I did not consume much, couldn't, I found that in the beginning after surgery, I was in so much pain that normal pain killers were of no use. I tried oxycontin and although it made me so numb that I did not care about the pain, it gave me a side effect that I did not like. It made my testes the size of grapefruits, not very comfortable! My main diet was a little piece of fish, could not eat much else, vegetables were out of the question as gas would kill me, the pain was intolerable and I would cry like a baby at night and during the day. Some episodes were so bad that I would wish I had died in surgery, I kid you not! In any case I had to endure. I asked the surgeon why this was all happening and he said that normally after abdominal surgery, the intestines, bowel, etc.., go to sleep and wake up after a while. When, I asked? He said, different for everyone. Great, so here I was writhing in pain, with nothing much of a pain killer, eating little portions of fish which in the beginning was Milk Fish as it is the fish that babies eat and easily digestible. 


We then decided that it was time that I do RHP Ozone therapy but with a twist, we were going to use low dose Medical Ozone and at the same time try to suck as much fluid out of the blood as we could. In theory if you dry the blood, fluid will be displaced and go from my abdomen to replenish. So, we decided a good level would be 20mcg. of ozone and try to at least extract two liters of fluid. We would do this weekly or so, but to make certain that enough fluid would come out we needed a diuretic. Well, I am not that fond of those, seeing as they can lead to a host of issues so we had to find one that was herbal or natural, which we did and I tell you it worked like a charm. I would get anywhere from 1-2 litres of fluid taken out of me plus a huge amount of Medical Ozone added to my blood and on top of all that we were able to use this diuretic and have me pass at least another two liters of fluid. I did go on this therapy, but there was a problem with that as well...








No comments: